Recently, there is a buzz that tells WordPress 5.3 is going to release an admin email verification screen if the website owner hasn’t logged in for over 6 months. This feature is set to release after Andrei Draganescu, one of the WordPress contributors proposed a SiteHealth security improvement.
The main WordPress collaborators worked together to package 5.3 Beta 1 for launch as scheduled on 12 November 2019. However, besides the admin email verification screen, what other features you can expect? Here is more detail of it:
While it is true that Gutenberg has already been in the WordPress core since version 5.0, but despite that, it is still being developed in parallel as an independent plugin where they are polished and added functionalities. These plugin functionalities are then incorporated into the core.
In addition, experiments are incorporated into the customizer when we are in the Widget option. This is called: Widget blocks.
With this, you customize widget from the customizer does not seem like a good idea because everything is so piled up and reduced. However, the live preview helps a lot to the task. Still, this is an experiment. So, let’s see whether WordPress will continue this or not.
It is true that in two previous releases Gutenberg had lowered the website performance in your web hosting. However, in this update, it has built with significant improvements. In fact, This version is 30% faster.
The most interesting thing about this plugin is that, it gives us a view of the future and what will come within the core.
Let me tell you three possible aggregates that we will see when this future version arrives on our websites.
Many block plugins already bring this great idea of creating large sections of content with many blocks inside.
The best idea for this is to create our own reusable blocks. And do it from the core without having to add extra plugins.
Improvements in the Table block
It is quite disappointing that you cannot change the width of a column (in these times). However, In version 5.3, we can change the width of the columns and make the cells in a row easier to view.
Save time with images
You can drag and drop to replace an old image. Isn’t that Great? Of course, it would be a hit! In version 5.3, we will have this capability in the core. If you work a lot with images it will save you more time.
Other Additions Coming Up
Here are more addition to coming in the WordPress 5.3:
- Improvements in the separator block (colour compatibility)
- Improvements in the last entries block (extract and content support)
- Improvements in the listed block (support for increasing and decreasing indent shortcuts, initial value and reverse order)
- Change in the way to avoid indexing
- Identification and understanding of the areas that may need troubleshooting on your site will be facilitated
- Periodic verification of the administrator email (what we have discussed earlier)
- PHP 7.4 support
- The new Twenty Twenty theme
- Total compatibility with the block editor
- Based on the Anders Norén Chaplin theme that you can see and download
- Menu and popup search
- You will be able to occupy blocks as widgets
- Variable fonts thanks to Inter, a typeface that helps reading and has many possibilities
- Customization of the cover page, which lets you configure:
- Post background image
- Overlay colour
- Text colour overlay
- Text overlay blending effect
- Image overlay opacity
- Two widget areas in the footer
- Option to change the background color, and the colour that is applied in the links and buttons
- In short, a very visual theme focused on personalization
- It will come with WordPress 5.3 but you can try it in Beta 1 or download the theme
All this is just around the corner, although you can try, we must not forget that everything is in Beta and is not intended for the real website development.
Do you wish to create a WordPress website with the best WordPress hosting India? Make sure to check out HostingRaja for more info!