If you’re here, you’ve probably been given an iTunes gift card and now it’s time to redeem it. It’s also possible that you’ve already redeemed your iTunes gift card and simply want to check the remaining Apple gift card balance or add more money to your iTunes balance.
You’re in the right place; we’re going to cover everything you need to know about your Apple gift card. You might get an iTunes gift card. It will have a code on it. You can redeem the code and get money on your account.
With a gift card, you can buy things from the iTunes Store or App Store or Apple Music for example. When you use a gift card, make sure to keep track of your balance so you don’t spend all of it!
How do you use an iTunes gift card?
- An iTunes gift card is only used to buy things from the Apple Store.
- You can’t use it in the store or online.
- To use it, tap your App Store and you will see a button that says “Redeem.”
- Tap that, enter your code number and you will get money on your balance.
How to Use iTunes Gift Cards
There are some things that you need to know about Apple gift cards and iTunes gift cards.
Let’s go over the important points:
- Remember when you put money on these gift cards, it doesn’t expire.
- You can only use them on your computer or device that runs iOS.
- The person who receives the card must have an iTunes account to redeem it. When they do, they can give themselves any amount of credit or get a specific item from the store for a set amount of money.
You can use your iTunes gift card to buy digital products from Apple. You can use it at the store that has music, apps, e-books or anything else.
To use your iTunes gift card for the stores, you should be logged in with the same Apple ID that you used when redeeming your iTunes gift card.
You can’t use your iTunes gift card to buy Apple products from the Apple Store. There is a difference between an Apple Store gift card, an iTunes gift card, and an Apple Music Membership gift card. Gifts cards for the Apple Store can only be used to buy hardware and accessories from the store, while the music membership cannot be used at all for purchases in stores.
If you decide not to use an Apple Music gift card toward membership, it can be applied to your account. It becomes a gift card for iTunes. And vice versa: an iTunes gift card could be used to pay for Apple Music.
Things to consider when giving an iTunes gift card as a present
There are a few reasons to buy an iTunes gift card. You should know a few things when you are giving these cards out as gifts. When buying the gift card, you will not have many issues if you buy from a store. But when buying online, there is something that you need to know:
1.Make Sure You Redeem the Card Right Away
iTunes gift cards are only good for places that sell music, TV shows, or movies. Sometimes you can use them in other stores. But it’s best if you buy the card in person from a store or seller that is legitimate.
2. Ensure the recipient can use the gift card with this essential tip
I buy a lot of iTunes gift cards. When I get them, I usually forget about the receipt. But when there is an issue with the card, you need to show that it was bought. That’s why potential recipients should keep their receipts!
- You will need to prove that you bought it if there is an issue with the card and you need to provide documentation to prove that it was purchased.
- If they don’t keep their receipt, they will not be able to exchange it for cash in case of fraud or theft.
- They may be able to save money on taxes by providing proof of purchase from a store like Target or Best Buy since many states offer tax breaks for gift cards. It’s not worth the trouble to save a dollar or two, but it still is helpful if they are able to work it out with their state tax agency.
- It will help make sure that you end up with the right iTunes gift card and avoid scams.
- It allows people to feel more secure if they need service from Apple. It also makes it easier to get an exchange or refund if something goes wrong. When you are excited about a new gadget, it is easy to forget these things.
Apple’s receipt is proof of ownership
If you have a problem with your purchase, the receipt could help. You can use it for returns and if there is an issue with payment or Apple support, you will need to have this as evidence. It doesn’t hurt to hold on to receipts for anything just in case something goes wrong!
If you buy a gift card, people can take it and steal the money. Apple support says that the gift card you called about might be stolen. That’s why they want to know if you have a receipt for your purchase. If you don’t, then they don’t know if it is your real gift card or not.