CBSE class 10 board exam is one of the important exams of a student’s life. There are five compulsory subjects in the CBSE class 10 syllabus. The five major subjects are maths, science, social studies, and two languages. There is also an option for a vocational course. According to the new CBSE guidelines, there are going to be six mandatory subjects in class 10 board exams very soon.
Here is a subject-wise study plan for the class 10 exam:
The syllabus of maths includes:
Chapter 1- Number system
Chapter 2- Algebra
Chapter 3- Coordinate Geometry
Chapter 4- Trigonometry
Chapter 5- Mensuration
Chapter 6- Statistics and Probability
- Practice: You should have the habit of practicing maths on a regular basis if you want to improve your marks. Try to solve few problems every day from each and every chapter. This will reduce your burden before the exam.
- Learn the formulas: Maths is a subject that consists of many formulas. You should learn the formulas thoroughly in order to solve the problems. Write down the formulas in your copy and go through them once every day. This will help you to remember the formulas correctly.
- Solve Sample papers and previous year papers: Solving sample papers and previous years’ question papers will help you to know the level of your preparation. You can mark the important questions. You will get to know the pattern of the question paper. You can also take the help of NCERT solutions to make notes and check your answers.
English is a subject consisting of many poems and prose. You have to study it systematically in order to score well in your exams. There are three sections of the CBSE class 10 English syllabus.
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills with Grammar
- Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading Text
The NCERT class 10 English textbooks are:
- First Flight
- Footprints without Feet
If you want to do good in your class 10 English exam, follow this study plan.
- Develop your reading habit: You should read your Vedantu First flight class 10 pdf download thoroughly. Read a chapter every day. It will help you to enhance your writing skills and vocabulary. Reading the chapters will give you an in-depth knowledge of the chapter. You can download the pdfs of the NCERT textbooks which are available online on web portals like Vedantu.
- Write every day: Writing regularly will reduce the chances of grammatical errors. You should try to write notes on your own. It will help you to enhance your writings skills and speed. If you write your answers grammatically correct, it will fetch you more marks.
- Sample papers and previous years’ question papers: If your exams are approaching, you should start solving the sample papers and the previous years’ question papers. It will help you to answer any tricky or tough question. NCERT solutions will also be a great help to you during your class 10 board exams.
The syllabus of science is vast. You have to study it systematically to improve your marks. The syllabus of CBSE class 10 syllabus includes:
- Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour
- World of Living
- Natural Phenomena
- Effects of Current
- Natural Resources
- Syllabus and exam pattern: You should be well-acquainted with the syllabus before the starting of the academic session. It will help you to plan your timetable according to it. It will give an overview of the subjects. Try to learn the syllabus if possible. Follow the exam pattern while preparing for your exam.
- Memorize the diagrams: You have to draw diagrams in your exam. Start practicing and memorizing the diagrams. You should practice the diagrams properly and carefully. Label the diagrams according to the book.
- Prepare notes: You should make notes on the chapter. It will help you to revise easily before the exam. Start preparing notes a few months before your exam. It will also enhance your writing skills. You can also take the help of online resources to prepare notes.
The syllabus of social science consists of four units.
- India and the Contemporary World- II
- Contemporary India-II
- Democratic Politics- II
- Understanding Economic Development
- Read your textbooks: Read all the NCERT textbooks properly. You should be clear with the fundamental and basic concepts. It will make you well-versed with the chapters. If you come across any important point, you may mark it and prepare notes on it.
- Practice sample papers: You should practice all the available sample papers. This will prepare you to face tricky questions. Solving previous years’ question papers will make you aware of the exam pattern and the types of questions asked. You can seek the help of NCERT solutions to check the correct answer.
- Revision: You should revise your chapters regularly. This will help you to remember the answers and write them easily during your exam. You should prepare notes so that you can easily go through them before the exam. You can also watch tutorials and make notes.
- Read: You should read the language books thoroughly. You can prepare short notes from each chapter. Mark the important lines. Plan your strategy after reading the chapters.
- Revision: Try to revise the notes and chapters on a regular basis. If you do not revise, you will not be able to write answers in your exam.
- Sample papers: Practice the sample papers and previous years’ question papers few days before the exam. It will help you to test your exam preparation.
- Make notes: Prepare notes with the help of NCERT books and other online resources. Revise them especially before your exam.
- Practice Sample Papers: You should practice sample papers so that you are acquainted with the exam pattern. It will help to solve tough questions.
If your class 10 board exams are approaching, you should follow the above study plan for good results.