Outlook is one of the most popular email clients for both individuals and organizations. However, Outlook has a lot of problems, which makes using it difficult. We’ve previously discussed [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] on our website, an SMTP setting issue that caused an error. Another Outlook error occurred [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336].
- 1 What exactly is [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] and what causes it?
- 2 How to solve [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336]
- 3 Conclusion
What exactly is [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] and what causes it?
When using any of the standard Outlook versions (Outlook 2007 or later) but not all, you may see this notice: “The product key you entered is no longer valid. To continue your subscription and download updates, open a new instance of Microsoft Outlook.” This alert could also appear if the current version of Outlook is already installed on your computer. If you’re concerned about why your Outlook isn’t receiving or sending emails, pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336 might be the answer. The following are some additional reasons for [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336]:
- The Outlook application had a broken outlook.
- Outlook is a different version than the one on your computer.
- Outlook is obtained from a third-party source or an illegally obtained version of Outlook
- Using a duplicate Outlook account
- Many Outlook accounts are used simultaneously
- The user profile is damaged.
- Antivirus or Firewall blocks your access to emails.
How to solve [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336]
Now that you know the many reasons for pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336, we’ll look at various solutions for resolving it. You will be able to solve the pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336 problem after following each of the answers below. We’ll try to go through each stage in detail, but please let us know in the comments area if you have any questions about specific procedures.
Solution 1: Check and delete the Duplicate accounts
As you know, duplicate or multiple accounts are the sources of [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336], therefore detecting it and eliminating it should be the first step in resolving the issue. Follow these procedures to learn how to find and delete any duplicate accounts.
- Go to your computer’s Control panel and change the view to “large category” (n)
- Search for “Mail” and then click on it.
- After clicking on “Mail,” you’ll be presented with a pop-up window in which you must select “Email Accounts.” Select “Email accounts” from the drop-down menu that appears after clicking on “Email Accounts.”
- On the left-hand side of the window, you’ll see a list of all your Outlook accounts. Look for duplicates and multiple accounts to find them. If you discover any that are identical, select it and then click the “Remove” button.
- We recommend that you delete all of your Outlook accounts and only add one. If deleting and re-adding all of your accounts doesn’t work, try the next approach to fix it.
Solution 2: Checker For Device Compatibility
The inability to install the corresponding .MSI file is another major reason for [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336]. As a result, it’s essential to verify that the version of Outlook we’re using is compatible with the one on our Desktop. It’s quite simple to determine whether your device
- On your Desktop, open Outlook.
- On the Help menu, choose About Microsoft Office Outlook.
You may also view the version of Outlook on the About page.
If you’re trying to access a web-based Outlook profile, make sure the version is compatible with your computer. If it isn’t, uninstall Outlook and install the latest version. Hello, thank you for contacting customer support. We’ll be assisting you right away. Please note that this is not a generic response; it’s tailored to your situation and should solve the problem of [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336]. If you’re using Outlook 2010 or later, move on
Solution 3: Use SCANPST.exe
If you’re familiar with SCANPST.exe, you might be aware that it’s a standard Windows component. You may find out how to use it in the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] article. If you haven’t already, don’t worry; we’ll go through everything here as well. Microsoft created the SCANPST.exe program to repair various types of Outlook problems. This is the most frequent tool used to solve most Microsoft Outlook pii_email issues. We will go through additional problems and provide their solutions in future installments. So, if you’re having trouble with any of the topics listed above, keep reading; we’ll publish them all immediately.
Follow the steps below to utilize the SCANPST.exe and fix pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336:
- Open My Computer on your computer’s Desktop.
- Go to C: WindowsProgram FilesMicrosoft Office and double-click OWA.EXE. [OPTIONAL] Open the Program files Microsoft Office folder, then open it. Within that folder, go to Program Software > Microsoft Office > Word (for example), Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook see your version)
- Look for SCANPST.exe in the Folder, then right-click it and select “Run as administrator.”
- Once the program has been launched, click Browse and choose a damaged PST file.
- After that, choose the damaged PST file and press “Start.”
- If you want to save a copy of the PST file before repairing it, select “Make a backup of scanned file before repairing.” Select the location where you’d like to store the backup file.
After repairing the damaged PST files, look for [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] to see whether the error is still there. If the problem has gone away, you can use Microsoft Outlook without issue. You discovered that you had a corrupt PST file when you opened the pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336 email message.
Solution 4: Check for Antivirus Firewall rules
If repairing the PST files does not resolve the problem, look for antivirus and Windows Defender firewall restrictions.
If you installed Microsoft Outlook from a pirate source, there’s a good chance the program is damaged or that your antivirus software is stopping you from running it. Make sure you’re downloading the program from the official Microsoft website. If your buddy or someone else has installed the program on your computer, check if it’s from an official website or not.
If you’re still getting the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error after verifying that the Outlook is from a trusted source and yet can’t access it, then check for firewall restrictions. If you don’t know how to find out whether your computer’s Firewall is enabled or not, if you have a pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336 problem, then the firewall rules are incorrect, and you’ll need expert assistance to correct it.
To disable antivirus software, go to the Frequently asked question page of your antivirus, as different antivirus have different user interfaces, and we are unsure which one you’re using. If you don’t use any antivirus, follow these steps to turn off Windows Defender.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security (or Managing settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
If antivirus and Firewall are disabled, check whether [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] is fixed. If it has not yet been addressed, keep reading for the following method.
Solution 5: Check for Network Connection
Users have reported that a disrupted internet connection has resulted in [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336], so it’s worth double-checking if you have a steady Internet connection. Several websites will check your Internet connection speed. Here are some examples:
It’s better to wait for your internet connection to be stable again and inspect whether there is still [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] or not.
If you still experience pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336 error, consider using a VPN. This has helped most of our readers overcome the problem.
Solution 6: Reinstall the application
We’re at the point of no return, and it’s time to apply our last remedy for this [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] problem. Even if you have downloaded the correct version of Outlook from the official site, you may try reinstalling it. Because reinstalling has helped to solve numerous unknown issues for most of the programs in the past, follow these steps to reinstall the program.
- Go to “Program and Features” in the Control Panel.
- To open a file for editing, double-click on it.
- Follow the on-screen directions to remove the program.
- Reinstall the program by going to Microsoft Office’s website and downloading the most current version.
- Select “Forgot password?” and then choose a new password.
- Examine whether you can still see [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336].
You don’t have to worry about any of the difficulties until after we’ve arrived to assist you. If doing all of the preceding procedures does not cure the problem, then it’s preferable to use an online version of Outlook. This is your last choice for resolving your issue.