The Indian/Regional Language Papers, formally known as ‘A’ Papers, are the first papers of the UPSC Civil Service Main Exam. Although this is just a qualification, candidates must consider their preparation. Failing to achieve the required minimum grades will lead to mainline failure and valuable attempts lost. UPSC allows candidates to choose from a list of 22 modern Indian languages listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution of India. Read on for statistics on the number of candidates in each language for the UPSC main exam.
Paper-A (UPSC language paper) candidate’s most popular language is Hindi, one of India’s official languages. On average, about 65% of Hindi test takers choose Paper-A, and the remaining 35% choose one of the remaining languages.
According to the UPSC exam announcement from 2011, IAS candidates, irrespective of the medium of the written exam, should take their UPSC interview in English or any of the regional languages listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution of India. I can.
In Paper-A, a language in the UPSC paper, the language most often chosen by applicants is ‘Hindi’ as it is one of India’s official languages. On average, 65% of applicants choose Hindi, and the remaining 35% choose one of the other languages listed below.
- Santhali (Devanagari/Olchiki script)
- Sindhi (Devanagari/Arabic script)
Marathi is the second most important language in UPSC, after Tamil, Telugu, and the list goes on.
Is Hindi an IAS requirement?
Definitely no. It is optional for candidates to choose Hindi for the main exam.
For the compulsory Indian papers for the written part of the main exam, candidates who choose to write the exam in English must write English, Hindi, or any other of the 22 modern Indian languages included in the 8th schedule of Indian. You can choose one of the formats referenced in the references to the constitution.
UPSC Mains Form A form structure
- Write a 100-point essay
- 60 points in reading comprehension
- Accurate writing out of 60
a) Translation from 20 points English to the required language in UPSC of your choice
b) 20 Mandatory Indian-to-English translations
- Questions asked to relate to registration or equivalent standards.
- It is convenient to prepare for language exams without compromising on core course preparation, as only the core courses need to be completed.
- Please choose your language carefully. It is recommended that you select the language you learned in school and have some control over it.
- CBSE school-level books (std. X) are sufficient. Review your school language and basic grammar lessons. Review the UPSC exam syllabus.
- Read at least 15 minutes a day in the language of your choice and your regular newspaper. This will allow you to familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the language. It also teaches modern writing in the language.
- Practice by writing. Writing practice is essential if you haven’t written a sentence in your native language after graduation. It’s helpful to have common spelling and punctuation at hand.
- Practicing surveys will also improve your typing speed. Practice translating from English to local languages and vice versa.
- Handwriting should be legible and neat. If not, practice and work on these handwriting improvement tips for the IAS main exam.
Tips on how to write a UPSC paper in Indian
If you choose Hindi as your compulsory language in India, it is assumed that you will read Hindi as a student or as a language of instruction. The first thing you should do is learn basic things like vocabulary and grammar.
Questionnaire from the previous year:
Look through the surveys from the last few years. Solving the paperwork reduces the workload by almost 50%. In the next section, you will find links to download previous year’s surveys and print for practice. Newspaper:
Reading newspapers in Hindi is not highly recommended for Hindi candidates. Still, if they want to read newspapers in Hindi, they will be more likely to use Hindi and express their opinions in fewer words. Get an idea of how. Spend at least 15 minutes reading your language newspaper and the standard newspaper.
Prepare an essay on the current topic. Such topics include recent and current affairs such as countries, the economy, democracy, and women’s empowerment. The likelihood of facing current affairs as an essay topic is very high in both Hindi and English compulsory language studies.
○ If you have yet to be exposed to the language as a student, the first thing you should do is two hours a day.
○ It is recommended to use simple language when writing your essay. Remember that this is a linguistic work, not a literary work. Language skills should be given the highest priority. Avoid spelling and grammatical errors.
Why should I not ignore the required language certification?
Language exams are preliminary, and grades obtained do not count towards the final ranking, but it would be foolish to ignore their creation completely. According to official statistics, in 2010, approximately 10% of test takers failed to pass a major subject because they did not achieve the minimum required grades on the language test. In this scenario, the GS assignment will only be graded if the mandatory assignment is completed, so the candidate will not know how she performed the GS assignment. Therefore, candidates should spend the minimum time required to complete these papers.
Incorrect. This is just another test. The mother of all trials is life. If you fail IAS, you can’t afford to fail in life. So think of IAS preparation/UPSC exam preparation as a stage, not your life.
If you think one timid, one better get ready for the IAS right now.
One may have had insomnia. Already they will have to work 20 hours a day as an executive. Getting enough sleep is very important to prepare for the UPSC exam. It keeps you healthy. Don’t study for more than 14 hours if you have insomnia.
Here are some interesting facts about IAS/IPS officers.
- The existing Indian civil service model was formed after 1947.
- Satyendranath Tagore was India’s first civil servant in 1864.
- Chief Cabinet Secretary is the highest IAS officer.
- R Pillai served as Chief Cabinet Secretary from 1950 until 1953.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s vision was that a post-independence public service would unite the entire country.
- The first female IAS officer was Anna George Malhotra.
- P. Sivashankara Menon was India’s first Foreign Minister.
- Although Vijay Lakshmi Pandit was India’s first female ambassador, she is not IFS.
- Beno Zephine N L is IFS Officer who is blind.
- Kiran Bedi is the first female IPS board member.
Given the importance of taking a language exam and the ability to choose any language from a list of languages, candidates wishing to prepare for the civil service exam can speed up their preparation by reviewing the following details.
The UPSC-CSE main exam consists of 9 parts, paper A is a compulsory Indian paper (commonly called UPSC language paper), and paper B is English. Papers A and B are eligible. Indic Part A is not required for Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Sikkim candidates. If the online application candidate is from these northeastern states, the Indian language option will be automatically disabled in the online application.
The work will always be printed in two languages during the preliminary judging. One is in Hindi, and the other is in English. In the main part, the questions are published in English and Hindi. However, you can reply in any of the scheduled languages listed in the statute (if you choose).
UPSC allows candidates to choose from a list of 22 modern Indian languages listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution of India.