Smart devices are increasingly becoming a desirable addition to people’s homes and lives. Wasserstein-home.com offers the chance to improve your life and automate home operations, so it’s no wonder that smart home technology will be adopted by over 70 million households by the end of 2022. Having an intelligent home shall soon become an ingrained necessity in our lives and not just a luxury that you find in furnished apartments in Chicago. With multiple tech players on the market, you also have lots of choices between features and functionality.
For a guide on how to launch your smart home, the below covers choosing your assistant, your hub, and touches upon the devices available on the market. Hopefully, with your smart device knowledge to hand, you can begin upgrading yours and your family’s life and home life.
Who Will Be Your Home Assistant?
First of all, it’s decision-making time in order to choose who shall be your home’s chosen assistant. Your choices currently are Amazon Echo (Alexa), Google Home (smart speakers), and the Apple HomePod assistant. You should know that these assistants share somewhat similar functions. For instance, answering questions, creating shopping lists, and playing music. Be mindful that each assistant has compatibility with different smart products. Further along in this article is a list of some of the tech you can add to your home. Match your preferences for intelligent devices with your assistant before you purchase.
Choose A Smart Hub
If your smart speaker comes without a hub, you will need to buy one. The hub is likened to the brain. It’s the epicenter of your smart home devices and connects to and controls what each piece of technology does. What each intelligent home device does depends on the commands or options you use on your phone apps. Which, in turn, communicates with the hub.
Select Your Smart Home Devices
Once you’ve chosen your speaker/hub system, you can begin researching the devices that are compatible. Here are a few to consider;
- Smart Light Bulbs – Control the lighting from on to off and bright to dim by using an app or voice command. You can also turn on your lights when you’re away from home on holiday, to create the illusion that you are at home to ward off potential criminals. Having lights on can act as a deterrent to burglars.
- Smart Thermostats – Whether you’re in or outside your home, you can control the heating via an app on your mobile. This can, in theory, save money on your heating bills and in effect, prevent the environment from enduring any unnecessary damage. Advanced features of smart thermostats include adjustments to the heating depending on whether you are present within a specific room.
- Smart Doorbell – A front door camera, doorbell, and speaker system allow you to see who is knocking, or delivering in real-time. With the security element of CCTV, and the ability to answer your door from your mobile phone, it’s an excellent tool for keeping your home safe.
- Smart Plug – Control the plugs around your home to prevent using unnecessary energy and turn devices off that you may have left on by accident. This will enable you to save money on your electricity bills.
- Smart Hoover – Keep your flooring spotless by purchasing a robotic vacuum Some allow you to activate it from afar -for example, while you’re at work – by using a mobile app.
- Smart lawnmower – As with the robot vacuum, you can place your lawnmower outside to take care of the back garden either with or without you being present.
- Smart Blinds – By opening and closing every window blind in your home, this device free’s up your hands to attend to other household or work duties.
The amount of smart home technology we have access to these days is incredible.For busy professionals, parents, those with reduced mobility and tech lovers, it’s the ultimate solution. With the guide above, you can take steps to choose your hub based on the devices you want. Then, begin strategically purchasing your devices to improve your daily life. As a result, you can expect to see changes such as reduced energy bills, more free time, and a safer place to live.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.