Ever since its inception, Windows 10 has revolutionized so many things. Imagine watching the contents of your PC on your TV screen! Even though Windows 8.1 supported Miracast, the experience is different in windows 10. Mirroring the contents is not only restricted to TV. Any device that is actually harmonious with the Miracast standard can work also. Major improvements were announced in August of 2016 during the anniversary update. Ever since Microsoft OS allows computers to be a wireless display. Your Pc can get Miracast signals to send by other devices such as phones, tablets or a different windows 10 computer, whether laptop or desktop. A friend asked me a question – How Do I Connect My Laptop to My TV Wirelessly Windows 10? I thought this an interesting question. Can you personally do that or you need help from someone? Let us answer that question in today’s discussion.
It is possible to project all your multimedia files to your smart TV. Either of the following three methods can help you in this regard:
• CAST, usually for media streaming. In this case, media is simply streamed as a compressed file right from the origin to the receiver’s device. The receiver’s device will then decompress the file and allow it to be played in real time.
• PROJECT, usually for Screen Mirroring. In this case, the displayed image is simulated on the screen of the recipient device. This takes place in real time. Basically, the video-out port of the gadget of the device sending the signal is linked to the video-in port of the recipient device. Nevertheless, the bandwidth needed in this regard is quite high when compared to CAST.
• DLM, often for media sharing. Usually, the media flows right from the storage server.
But then what does each of the methods require? Well, let us review the first two.
This is the simplest approach you can use to play multimedia files right from computer to your smart TV since they do have an Operating system. Nevertheless, the following are the file formats which are supported for video:
The audio formats include:
Cast requires the PC and the TV should share a Wi-Fi connection. The same way Networking should be configured on the computer, it should also be configured on the TV via the setting menu. This is meant to set a direct communication way or an internet connect by linking to one access point. Once a network has been established on a TV. It remains to be a default network up to the point where another network is created. You want to play the video, simply go to the file explorer on your computer and right-click the file you want to watch. Select the cast to devise option and then click on your TV name. It may take longer before the TV name appears on the shortcut. If you choose your TV name in the shortcut section, the media will be played automatically, though the pc will still be used to control the media. Important, the PC can be used for other activities, you only have to minimize the current tab, the cast window. Once effectively linked, the TV name will always appear on the PC list of devices. This means the subsequent connection will be easier. Casting is easiest and very reliable on windows 10. What do you think of this approach? Do you think you can easily use it? Give it a try and if it is not appealing to you, look at the next option, PROJECT.
Screen mirroring is another method that allows projection of the contents of windows 10 computer to a TV by means of Miracast Technology. As we earlier mentioned, Cast allows only certain types of video and audio files. However, Screen Mirroring works on all the file formats, including text documents.
Miracast was in traduced back in 2012 and its main promoter today is Microsoft. Initially, Google tried to adopt it but dropped it again in favor of Chromecast, one of their products. The changes were to be adopted from Android 6. However, Miracast is available in android devices via Miracast apps in Google PlayStore. In addition, developers offering personalized Android feature Miracast in their OS. In general, Miracast technology helps to set a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection between the two devices to allow streaming.
Windows 10 Miracast launching requires the following:
• The PC takes charge of the streaming part in order to actualize pixel data flowing off the computer screen.
• The TV used for displaying content take charge of Wi-Fi Direct connection aspect in order to set a communication path between it and the PC. This is achieved by integrating the Wi-Fi-Direct hardware system hereafter known as Miracast adapter.
The advantage of being windows 10 user is that the Miracast technology is an aspect of windows installation, though it depends on the size of the hardware. Simply put, it is upon the PC developers to provide the needed hardware that will make sure the media streaming aspect of Miracast is actually in place. The needed hardware elements must correspond to windows 10 and should include the following:
• Graphics Driver
• Wi-Fi adapter
How Do I Connect My Laptop to My TV Wirelessly Windows 10?
At this point, we have all the basics that we need to know. In response to the question, use the following steps:
• Enable Wi-Fi on both devices
• Establish whether your PC is compatible with Miracast. Click the Windows Key + P button on your computer to launch the Charms Menu having an option “connect to a wireless display”. In case your device is not Miracast compatible, the link will be unavailable.
• Ensure your TV has Miracast adapter
• Enable mirroring on your TV
• Establish the signal origin for your TV and the Miracast adapter directly to the mirroring port.
• Click the Windows Key + P on your computer keyboard to launch the Project action bar and click the link below. The TV name will be shown, indicating the two are ready to link via Miracast.
The Bottom Line
Miracast technology allows you to link various devices and enjoy watching on larger screens. How can you cannot windows 10 device to your TV? Use the abovementioned steps. Still, there is more about connecting your PC to other wireless devices. You can read that here. Thank you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.