The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was, for us, the best Android smartphone 2014. As a major terminal should receive the update, and after having received two updates to Lollipop, Android 5.0.1 and Android 5.1.1, now it will turn to receive Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The Note 4 has been one of a kind and as part of the high-end Samsung to state to both Android successive updates to receive the latest Lollipop summer of 2015. As one of the best smartphones of 2014, we hope, including plans to update Marshmallow
- 1 Update Galaxy Note 4 Android Marshmallow
- 2 Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android Lollipop
- 3 Update via OTA for Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- 4 Manually install Android Lollipop on the Galaxy Note 4
Update Galaxy Note 4 Android Marshmallow
Upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Poland Marshmallow on the international model Note 4 SM-N910C. This update is expected to continue to spread to other countries in the coming weeks. This version is the one that has a Exynos processor, but it is expected that the version more popular Snapdragon processor in North America, also received soon.
From the website of Sam Mobile we came the first images of Note 4 updated Marshmallow. In the attached video, you see that device is a Galaxy Note 4 with its characteristic aluminum frame. The most obvious changes can be seen in the icons whose edge has been rounded like the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S Edge +. The icons on the S Health and Smart Manager functions appear to be smaller than in previous versions. It added a new menu S Pen like that found in the Note 5 also comes with the popular Off screen feature that allows write notes with the screen off.
Upgrading to Marshmallow the Note 4 does not forget to include the latest Android news as Google Now On Tap, Doze, permission to update applications, and even also brings the egg, which apparently gives some sort of problems as you can see in the video. It also indicates that with the upgrade, the device suffers delays, applications are not loaded into the task manager and Samsung Cloud closed while a video was played, although it is possible that these errors are due to the version still in tests period.
It is possible, however, that this is not only one of the tests of the process of updating the Note 4. Still, if this is the case, means that it is only a matter of time before upgrading to Marshmallow comes to other countries .
Probably still take us a while to see Marshmallow in Note 4 of other countries, meanwhile, patience …
Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android Lollipop
Upgrading to Android 5.1.1
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 received its update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop this summer. He began to be launched in July and most of its 17 models and have received only some models championed by operators have not yet updated. This update brings some interesting news to Samsung alphabet, as an improvement in the camera.
Upgrading to 5.0.1
The update to version Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA was launched earlier this year and all models and countries was gradually spreading. The update occupied 950 MB, but needed about 3 GB of free internal storage to perform the update.
Vodafone began in Spain in April to update their Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) to Android 5.0.1. Interestingly update free terminal began after the terminal with operator.
What’s New in Note 4 Lollipop
It Includes Touch Wiz and the new, revised and improved, according Sam Mobile , this makes the terminal to run much better than Kit Kat. The performance has not increased but have changed the face of notifications on the lock screen and some other features that have rejuvenated the Note 4.
Update via OTA for Samsung Galaxy Note 4
To update via OTA, you know, you must go to Settings> About phone> System updates . There you can check if it is available and download it in this case. Normally usually you get a notification when the update is available, but you can check manually if you are impatient.
Manually install Android Lollipop on the Galaxy Note 4
For the international version of the Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C model already available firmware for Poland with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow . The other countries it will receive gradually but you can try manually installing this version on your Note 4.
NOTE : To make this process you should assume the risks involved. Neither I nor Android Pit we are not responsible for any errors that may occur during or after the upgrade process.
What you need
- Download the drivers for Samsung windows .
- Download the firmware Note 4 for your model .
- Download Odin v3.10.7
- Battery Note 4 must be at least 80%.
- Enable Developer Options. To do this, go to Settings -> About phone and hit 10 times in Build number. When you return to the menu Settings you will see that appear Developer options , there activates the USB Debugging.
- Normally this process does not remove data, but it is highly recommended that you back up your data.
How do you do it
- Unzip the specific firmware for your terminal once downloaded to your computer.
- Open Odin.
- Shut down your Note 4 and turn it into Download Mode through the key combination Volume Down + Power + Home button . Accepts with volume up.
- Note 4 to connect your computer via the USB port. Wait a little for Odin recognize it.
- Important: Make sure Re-Partition is not marked.
- Add the tar.md5 AP file in the box.
- Press Start .
- The terminal will begin the process and may restart several times. do not disconnect. You will know that the process is over because it appears on Odin green PASS.
- Once the process is finished, restart the Note 4 only.
It is done! You can now enjoy the latest firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.